Saturday, January 4, 2014

GF Banana Date Muffins…for mamas, babies & even daddies love 'em!

So, I once again have completely, entirely, totally neglected my blog…but as part of my many New Year's wishes, I am hoping to become more diligent about posting…starting with some of my favorite new recipes.

I've been baking quite a bit during the holidays, and I have become totally obsessed with the muffins below.  They're such a yummy treat for anyone who wants a nutrition-packed goodie that is soooo satisfying, even daddies enjoy them!  And as with all the recipes I will be posting from now on, they're a great for kiddos too (over 1 year old, with no nut allergies)!

Lastly, I really don't have time to bake or cook anything that takes longer than about 10-15 min of prep-time, so almost all recipes I post are quick-fixes!  Including below :)  Happy Baking!!

XOXO

Gluten-free Banana Date Muffins - no butter, no refined sugar; max nutrition

Ingredients:
*use organic when possible

2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cups almond flour (can increase to 2 cups if desired)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup finely chopped dates
1 tsp vanilla

Optional
*2 tbsp coconut nectar OR raw honey OR maple syrup - i almost always do this if i'm going to serve to anyone other than just elle & me…it adds extra yumminess
*1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
*2-3 tbsp ground flax seeds (I do this often)
*1/2 cup shredded carrots OR shredded zucchini
*whatever else you want to try!  


  • Mash bananas with a fork, and stir in eggs and coconut oil
  • Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon; stir all ingredients together
  • Fold in dates and nuts (and add any other *optional items listed above)


Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 min - ideally, under-bake slightly so they are extra soft and gooey :)


Finished muffins